.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
 
Will XP's Service Pack 2 Cause Chaos?
This article in PC World says: "SP2 is due out in the third quarter, so it could be out as soon as next month. The service pack will be downloaded automatically into many PCs through Microsoft's Windows Update service and could create problems, including breaking current applications, disrupting networking set-ups, and prompting non-technical users to make PC configuration decisions that may be beyond their grasp."

Such dire warnings cause fear in the heart of most computer users, and many of them (us) are not looking forward to having to spend time adjusting settings or dealing with unanticipated hiccups in our online life. Frankly I'm among that group. However, I believe that it's important to make Windows more secure, so if I have to go through some pain in order to do that, then so be it. I suspect there'll be a lot of information floating around the online community about what to look for and how to deal with it before this new service pack hits the streets, so I plan to keep an eye out for articles about this upcoming transition, and I'll try to keep you informed here about what I've seen. I'd welcome any of you sharing your discoveries about this event with me too.

Maybe we'll be able to get through this if we all share what we've learned with each other.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger