.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Sunday, October 06, 2002
 

CD Burning

My attention this weekend has been focused on CD Burning and the software for doing so. It began when I experimented with creating a Photo CD using the software I have (CD Creator 5.0 Platinum that I mentioned on the 22nd). Phil decided he was going to purchase the same software. Then while talking with Paul Moor, he mentioned that he had the ability to burn CDs but had never used it. He has a program called Nero, about which I've heard positive things. I recommended to Paul that he visit his friend Mike Richter's site, and download the primer that Mike has made available there to provide some authoritative information about the process. CNET's review of Nero seems to rate it very highly, so I recommended to Phil that he check out that software before making the decision. (One reason is that it is $30 cheaper than CD Creator 5.0.)

Truth is that for most users either of these programs will do what you need. Though I'm sure there are differences that would cause someone to choose one of these programs over the other, those differences are more meaningful once you've learned the basics. Given how inexpensive blank CDs are, one can afford to burn a few CDs just to learn what is possible. After that, you can begin to get more sophisticated.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger