.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Sunday, September 29, 2002
 

As good once ...

There's an old saying (I don't know to whom I should attribute it) that says "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." As I age, that saying has more and more meaning for me, and it seems to exemplify my blog entries of late. What is supposed to be a daily, if not hourly, activity has become for me a weekly one.

On Thursday of this past week, I wrapped up the class I was co-teaching with a member of the educational services team at work. The class began at 7:30 am each day and left me too worn out each night to devote any energy to blogging. I had Friday off but I spent that day learning a few things (more about that in a minute) and I worked again on Saturday. Last night I spent an hour or so on the phone with Phil helping him restore his copy of Eudora Pro to its normal configuration. Actually, the resolution of the problem probably took only about five or ten minutes. The rest of the conversation was spent just catching up on each other's activities. Today, I am driving over to the Asheville, NC area to visit with my friends, David and Lynn Steele (from Indianapolis). They have a time-share at a place called Lake Lure. I'll have to drive back tonight because I must work tomorrow. However, it'll be good to see them for the first time in about two years and worth the effort, I'm sure.

I mentioned above that I spent Friday learning a few things. You regular readers of this blog (both of you) will recall that back in August, Vernine and Associates held it's 30th reunion here in Knoxville. I've posted pictures at this site. On Friday I spent some time experimenting with Easy CD Creator. I created a photo album that I plan to ship to those who attended the event. Nice thing was that I was able to set some music as background to the slideshow that the CD autoruns when you place it in the CD drive. It turned out really well. I used this song (requires RealOne player) by Josh Groban, the amazing young singer who performed this duet at the closing ceremonies of the Salt Lake City Olympics. All in all, I was quite pleased with the way the photo album turned out, and in the process I learned a few things that I'll be able to improve on the next time I create one of these.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger