.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Friday, September 13, 2002
 

Luck

On Friday the 13th, a day that many believe is associated with bad luck, here are a few quotations from my collection.

Luck is a tag given by the mediocre to account for the accomplishments of genius. -- Robert A. Heinlein

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree. -- Charles Baudelaire

The harder you work the luckier you become. -- unknown

It is bad luck to be superstitious. -- Andrew W. Mathis

We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like? -- Jean Cocteau (1889 - 1963)

Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. -- Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known. -- Garrison Keillor
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger