.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Friday, July 23, 2004
 
How to adjust the type size on a web page
When I changed my template for this blog recently, some of you indicated that the typeface was a bit small for your aging eyes. Well, I feel your pain because my aging eyes suffer from the same limitation.

Here's a trick that will solve that problem.

If you have a mouse that has a scroll wheel, hold down the Ctrl button on your keyboard and roll the scroll wheel downward. You'll notice that the type size on the web page you are viewing will increase as you do so. Scolling upward with the Ctrl key pressed reverses the effect. That tip should enable you to set the type size to something you can actually read.

Reading anything on a computer screen takes some getting used to. Now that you know how to adjust the type size on any web site without having to fumble around in the menus of your browser, maybe you can enjoy reading things on the web a bit more.

Comments:
Glad you found the tip useful, Patrick. And thanks for the pointer to the XP Toys replacement for the Alt/Tab maneuver. I've tried it already (prior to your mentioning it), but I found that I've become so accustomed to the "regular" Alt/Tab trick that the "improvement" tended to slow me down. It's good we have "personal" computers and can made the choices that best suit our needs.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger