.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Monday, July 19, 2004
 
Cool Ways to Give IE the Boot
In this article in Wired News Cool Ways to Give IE the Boot, the author says: "Wymea Bay's iRider has an especially broad offering of features -- so many that you really do need to watch an online movie to understand how to best use the application. Despite my preference for streamlined applications, iRider really impressed me -- the application isn't loaded with useless bells and whistles, and almost every feature makes perfect sense."

I recommend you take a look at the movie; it's pretty impressive. The only downside I see that that this browser costs $30, not an amount that is prohibitive but more than the cost of it's biggest competitive alternative, Mozilla or Firefox. Still, there are a lot of features in this browser that any user, including me, would appreciate. Maybe one of these days, we'll see a browser that includes all the good features of each of these new alternatives.

The bottom line is that there are alternatives to using IE, and they are not something to sneeze at. I plan to give this one a try too. Only in trying it out can one learn if it lacks features that you consider important.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger