.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Saturday, November 13, 2004
 
Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Baxter (circa 1900)

maternal grandparents
Originally uploaded by CaptQuirk.

Mary Googer recently gave me a copy of this photograph of A. J. (Alfred Justice) and Julia Baxter (my maternal grandparents) from some time around the turn of the previous century. I used Photoshop to remove some stains and blemishes and to touch it up a bit. Because my mother was born after her father's death, she never knew him and this is the only picture I have ever seen of my grandmother as a young woman.

This photo, too, is available in electronic form if any of you members of the Baxter family would like a copy. Again, just let me know by email (see the previous post for my email address).


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger