.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Sunday, February 22, 2004
 

Useful Resources about Windows XP


The other night my friend Paul asked "What is Virtual Memory?" because he had begun to receive messages from his system that his Virtual Memory was low. As I researched the question for him, I came across this article by Alex Nichol, an MS-MVP, Virtual Memory in Windows XP, and I forwarded him the link so that he could understand what it is and what he might do about his issue. However, that search prompted me to do some further exploring of the links in that article, which lead me to some really useful articles that I though you too might find useful.

In addition, I went to the Microsoft web site and found this page of videos that explain, briefly, how to do a variety of things related to XP.

My new-found interest in XP results from the fact that I've finally gotten a copy Windows XP Pro and Office XP to which I'll soon be converting my system, and I wanted to research thoroughly how best to make the transition. Like a lot of people, I have a number of things on my current system that I want to migrate over to the new XP version, if possible, without having to reinstall all of them. So such a move takes a lot of planning.

I also bought myself a new Maxtor 160 GB hard disk (thanks to the Best Buy gift certificates my children had given me for my birthday and Christmas) that I plan to install before the move. That new hard disk plus the 40 GB hard disk already on the computer will give me 200 GB of storage that I'm hopeful will last me for at least a couple of years before a new computer with updated features is required.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger