.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Monday, February 09, 2004
 

A productive weekend


As I prepare to return to work today, I look back at the short visit Jeff, Dustin and Carole made to Knoxville over the weekend with great satisfaction and a lot of gratitude. They all chipped in willingly and joined Mike in getting my house prepared for the new carpeting that is coming later this Spring. The house, that looks and sounds bare now because the floors are down to the wood and they echo when you walk on them, seems bigger because furniture that was stuffed into a few rooms is more evenly distributed throughout the house. And my spare bedroom in the basement is taking shape as an office. There's still a lot to do as this Spring rennovation progresses, but it was a satisfying weekend to see us get this far.

I am a very lucky man that my two sons and their wives and my ex-wife and my grandchildren give of themselves so generously and without any apparent reluctance to help me improve my house. Although this kind of activity could be done alone, it would not have been. Some tasks are just too big to tackle without a companion. And no task is too big, if you have the support and willing backing of your family. Publically, I want to thank each of you for your help. I not only couldn't but I wouldn't have even undertaken the task without you; it would have been simply too overwhelming. And honestly even with your help it is still a bit overwhelming.

Love isn't about saying "three little words"; it's about the things you do for the ones you love.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger