.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Saturday, June 01, 2002
 
Another month begins.

Today is my regularly scheduled Saturday to work. Fortunately when I work on Saturday I have the Monday that preceeds it off; unfortunately for this week that was Memorial Day, a regularly scheduled holiday that I did not get because it was my scheduled day off. In fact, it doesn't matter that I missed the holiday. I choose not to allow such things to cause me to feel deprived.

Yesterday I placed an application with my company for an open position as a trainer. I've been with the company almost two years now, and during half that time, I functioned as a tech support agent and in the other half as a outbound customer service agent, the two major job roles for which I would be conducting training. In addition, prior to coming to the company I am now with, I spent the previous 30 years creating and conducting training programs. It would appear to me that I'm an ideal candidate for the job, but one is frequently surprised by the decisions companies make. If I get the job, there'll be benefits to me, not the least of which is almost twice the income; if I don't, there'll be positive sides to staying in the role I am now in. I'll let you know how it turns out, once the company has made its choice.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger