.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Monday, April 22, 2002
 
Not much time or news to report this morning. Dan Gillmor has this link to an article on the cost and nuisance of spam. I chose to follow a link to Spamcop, a service I had heard about before but never explored.

For some time I've been using Spamkiller, and it does a nice job of standing between my email program and the mail server and catching most of the spam that comes my way. And though it grabs a lot of the spam I receive, still a small portion slips through its filters, enough to be annoying. I suppose this is one of those annoyances one just has to deal with, similiar in some ways to receiving solicitation phone calls. If you want to benefit from the technology (telephone / Internet), you will always have someone trying to exploit it to their benefit (telemarketers / spammers).
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger