.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Monday, November 01, 2004
 
A few thoughts from this past weekend
Halloween just isn't what it used to be around here. I suppose it may be due to the fact that Halloween occurred on Sunday, a day when we Southerners don't (apparently) wish to celebrate pagan rituals, but I had only two visitors on Saturday night (two little girls dressed in their costumes) and only two 8-10 year old boys on Sunday night at around 8:50 PM. I was surprised by the lack of trick-or-treaters who showed up. The two boys who came by on Sunday weren't even dressed in costumes -- just out for some candy, I suppose.

Tomorrow is election day. Since this is an important moment in deciding the course our country will take in coming years, I urge everyone to get out and vote. If you don't know where you are supposed to vote, you can click this link and enter your street address and zip code and then be presented with your polling place. I hope that cynicism that may have resulted from the experience of the 2000 election will not prevent you from doing your duty and exercising your right to cast your vote this time around.

This coming weekend BloggerCon is scheduled to take place in Seattle. It begins on Saturday. It is my understanding that some or all of it will be broadcast as either audio or video presentations in real time. Also I would expect that these broadcasts will be available for download or to play on demand after the fact. I think it is likely to be one of those seminal events in which the various issues related to blogging are explored, so I plan to check it out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger