.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Saturday, March 20, 2004
 

The Future of the Computer


An article in The Guardian's new magazine, Spark, which describes itself as "a new magazine about the good things that are going on all over the world, and the people working to create a brighter future for us all," describes the computer in 2050. Such predictions are notoriously inaccurate, but they are interesting nonetheless.

Forward thinking: "Peter Cochrane, co-founder of Concept Labs and former head of research at BT Laboratories, once quipped that 'I hope I live long enough for my laptop to feel proud of me,' and that's feasible. By 2050, a cheap computer should not just be smarter than one of us, it should be smarter than all of us put together. Though whether it will be 'intelligent' is a much harder question. "
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger