.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Tuesday, November 25, 2003
 

Skype


In the event you haven't yet heard of this new service, Skype is the latest in a series of experiments designed to use the Internet to provide the ability to make phone calls anywhere in the world at no cost. Using peer-to-peer technology, the same thing that is used by Kazaa to provide the exchange of MP3 and other kinds of files over the Internet, the founders of that service (Kazaa) have turned their talents to supplying this long sought-after dream. I suspect that if this isn't the service that will provide this capability, some service will eventually do so. I think it is inevitable that we'll eventually have the technology to make phone calls through the Internet and IP technology. As I said in an email to a friend tonight, "for all of the problems of this age in which we live, I consider myself fortunate to be alive to experience the excitement of the advances we are making, and I eagerly look forward to those that are to come."
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger