.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Wednesday, January 01, 2003
 

A New Beginning

January 1, 2003. A new day. A new year. A chance to start again.

One never knows how many more such chances he'll get, but I, like most people, tend to live as if the supply of new opportunities were unlimited. Intellectually, I know it is not, but emotionally I am seduced into the hallucination that I'll do something I've been intending to do on that day out there in the future when it feels right for me to do it. So as 2002 closed the book on another year of uncompleted to-do lists, I begin 2003 with the hope that it is filled with more days when those lists are completed before I lay my head on the pillow each night. If I did that, then 2003 would be a success for me.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger