.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Monday, May 20, 2002
 
I am now logged in and posting this from my buddy Phil's home in Atlanta. I enjoyed visiting my son, Jeff, and his family last night but was somewhat frustrated by the fact that his software modem and Windows XP wouldn't connect to the Internet. It's amazing how much you miss being connected when you are without.

On the other hand, what I noticed at Jeff's this morning after everyone left the house and I was there alone is that when you are cut off as I was temporarily, it provides a good chance to sit back and enjoy the solitude and sunshine. I sat out on the back deck and listened to the quietness, broken only by the sounds of two squirrels scampering through the underbrush and an occasional bird chirping. It would be easy to get used to living out as remotely as they do.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger