.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Sunday, May 19, 2002
 
One week of vacation down and one to go! During the first week, I hung out here at the house doing various things that needed to be done. This next week I go mobile. I'm going to visit my older son and his family, then spend a couple of days with my buddy, Phil, before I head out to San Diego to meet some folks I've been working with for about 3 years over the Internet. I'll spend a few days with Stan and Georgia Herman before returning home and back to work.

Although posting may be affected by my travels, I intend to show everyone I come in contact with on this trip how easy it is to update this blog (in the hope I'll encourage them to tackle a blog of their own). So I suspect I'll still be posting while I'm mobile.

Last Sunday I mentioned that I had ordered Dave Weinberger's new book, "Small Pieces, Loosly Joined," from Amazon.com. It came on Friday and I read it Friday night and yesterday. I want to write a thoughtful review of it later, but for now I'll simply observe that I think it was well worth the time I spent reading it. I particularly enjoyed his comments about our "default philosophy," the way we think collectively, regarding expectations about perfection and the relationship those have to authenticity. It hit a really responsive chord in me.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger