.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Thursday, December 30, 2004
 
My 1980 Volvo

My 1980 Volvo
Originally uploaded by CaptQuirk.

The picture at the right is my 1980 Volvo GT that I bought new in December of 1980 for about $10,500.00. It has been disabled since May of 2003, so I finally decided that I would donate it to the East Tennessee Kidney Foundation so they could get some value out of it and I could get a tax deduction for doing so.

I must confess that giving this car away is difficult for me because it has been a part of my life for so long. But it isn't getting any younger (and coincidentally, neither am I), and it is time for me to get rid of it for a worthy cause. It's no longer "Hi Ho Silver" for me, but rather it's now "Goodbye, Old Paint."


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger