.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Thursday, September 16, 2004
 
First off, then on, and now off again
Posting to a blog, even as infrequently as I do, leads to making information public and then having to report later how it has changed since you first learned of it. The upside of that is the reader gets to experience the author's immediate reaction, whether elation or depression, and the downside is that it illustrates how uncertain the future is and how emotions are buffeted about like highway signs in a hurricane by those changes. Such ups and downs happen in everyone's life, I suppose, but for a blogger they are played out more publicly.

Yesterday the site director at ClientLogic, my employer, gave us the disappointing news that the MCI contract that had promised to give me continued employment has now been delayed indefinitely. In short, we're not going to get it. So it is back to searching for work. There was no official explanation of why the delay nor of what happened but rumor around the office has it that MCI was expecting a large increase in their business that didn't materialize.

Therefore I have two more weeks of employment before I'm on the street and scrambling to make ends meet.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger