.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
It's news to me
Thursday, May 09, 2002
 
The last couple of days have kept me away from the keyboard.

One of those days was spent observing the American Justice system plod its way along in trying to determine what is just in a divorce hearing. The decision isn't in yet, so I can't comment on how fair or right I thought it was in the case I observed, but the process was anything but a picture of efficiency. A whole lot of standing around and waiting and unnecessary delay. I was also treated to a few more examples of why there are so many derogatory lawyer jokes. I'm sure that the finest examples of the profession would impress me, but the average lawyer that I have had the misfortune to know exemplifies what a waste can be made of apparent intelligence and an expensive education.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger